Why You Should Use Under Counter Water Filters in Your Kitchen
When it comes to convenience, cost and efficiency, under counter water filters make the top of the lists. These filters provide your household with a constant supply of pure water while remaining out of sight and out of the way. They take a little more installation work than countertop filters but that little amount of work pays off quickly.
Here are 5 big reasons why you should look into getting an under counter filter for your home.
1. An under counter water filter is easy to use. The initial installation may take a little of work (you can do it in over an hour by yourself or hire a plumber) but once it is installed, it doesn't need to be turned on and off. Cartridges have to be replaced every 6 months but it doesn't take long to do it and it is simple and straightforward.
2. Under counter water filters deliver a constant supply of water to your tap without getting in your way. Countertop filters can be obstructive and since we are often busy cooking and cleaning in the kitchen, they can definitely be a nuisance. If you use an under counter style filter, you will have more counter space in your kitchen.
3. An under counter water filter stays out of your sight and does all its work behind closed cabinet doors. Your kitchen will be a lot more aesthetically pleasing than it would if you had a bulky water filtration system installed to your faucet.
4. Under counter water filters of the multi-stage carbon block or granular variety are inexpensive. For less than 10 cents per gallon you will have a constant supply of pure water. You won't have to worry about buying bottles of water ever again. All you have to do is buy replacement cartridges periodically and if you prefer, you can even sign up for a program that will have the cartridges sent to you automatically each time a replacement is due.
5. Under counter water filters provide pure water that here you can drink but also use to wash produce, cook with, or make beverages with. Under counter filters provide water to an area of your house where you use water most.
Your goal? Start shopping around for an under counter water filter. Of all the models out there, it is important to find a carbon block or granular filter in order to reap the most benefits. You will find that the combination of price, convenience, and benefits outweigh anything else.